Terms and Conditions
We are an online e-commerce website that sell products. We transfer ownership of goods from the manufacturers to the consumer. We sell products via our website, showroom or telephone orders.
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us.
We ask that you carefully read these Terms and Conditions before placing your order with World of Camping .
We are World of Outdoors Ltd t/a World of Camping.
We have a dedicated customer service team to answer any product or delivery queries you may have prior to purchase. In addition we have a Live-Chat facility on our website during opening hours, just click on the link to connect to livechat now. If outside of opening hours you can leave a message on this facility.
When finalising your order you will be asked to acknowledge that you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.
To contact us, please call our customer service team on 01209 20 32 20 or email email@example.com
Placing an Order and Order Confirmation
Placing an order is very straight forward. Changes can be made to the contents of your basket at any stage by clicking the basket at the top right hand side of the screen on each web page.
Once you are happy with your selection you can proceed to the one page checkout and finalise the order details.
In completing the order process you will be asked to confirm that you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.
Having submitted your order you will then receive a confirmation of your order by email. This email will confirm your order ID Number, the items you have ordered and the delivery address. If you do find that there are any mistakes please telephone customer services on 01209 20 32 20 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Your contract with World of Camping begins on despatch of your order.
Prices and Payment
At World of Camping we make every effort to ensure that prices and products shown on the website are up to date and complete. The price charged for an item is the price as listed at the time the order is placed. Inevitably there may be some price fluctuations or a product may become unavailable. In this event you will be notified promptly and offered the option to choose another item or to cancel the order.
At World of Camping we are committed to offering the best service to our customers. To this end we have a variety of shipping methods available to offer the fastest and the most convenient service to our customers.
We have a very efficient despatch team and depending on the delivery option made you can expect that, in most cases, the order will be despatched from our warehouse within 24hrs of being placed.
Orders placed before 1pm with the option chosen for a 24hr delivery will be despatched that same day.
Our delivery charges hold no nasty surprises and we make the options and the charges clear from the outset.
Delivery to the UK is charged per complete order regardless of how many items are ordered. The cost of delivery is one low price.
Orders despatched via UK Mail are tracked and will require a signature on delivery.
Orders despatched via Royal Mail are on a first class service.
You will be advised of the carrier via an email on the day of despatch of your order. This email will give tracking details of the service used.
Orders to EU destinations are charged per packed box weight, maximum of 30kgs per box. Once the order has been placed you will be contacted to confirm the order size and weight and the price of shipping. We will confirm and agree the final order total with you before any charges or delivery are made.
If you miss our 1pm deadline for next day delivery, but urgently need an order, please call call our customer services team on 01209 20 32 20 to place the order. This is a discretionary service and may not be available at peak times, but we will always do our best to accommodate any special requirements.
If you have special delivery instructions or requirements please call our customer service team on 01209 20 32 20 or email to email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Please note that even though it is rare for an order not to arrive in the specified time, we advise that orders are placed in good time to account for any delays that are beyond our control such as adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, strike or any act of God to avoid disappointment.
Next day delivery option is not available for the Highlands, Islands and off shore UK deliveries. Postcodes in the category are AB31-38,AB40-56,IV,KW, PA21-38.PA41-49,PA60-78,PH4-44,PH49-50,ZE,BT,IM,and the Channel Islands. Please allow one extra day to the delivery service chosen for these destinations.
Out of Stock & Back Ordered Items
While we make every effort to accurately reflect our stock levels on our website, there are times between uploads of information where there may be a delay in adjusting the figures. This could result in an item ordered being out of stock. You can place an order for an item listed on the website as out of stock. In either of these cases our customer service team will contact you immediately to inform you of the expected re-stocking date and an estimated delivery date for the customer. By keeping open an order, for a back ordered item, means that you are first in the allocation of new stock when available. We will keep you informed on a regular basis as to the status of your order.
Returning or Faulty Items
Please refer to our full returns policy for specific information on returning items. Returns Policy
If you have a complaint about any part of our products or services we want to hear from you so that we can improve our products and services to our customers.
We accept complaints in writting or via the telephone.
Please address all written compliants to:-
Complaints Manager, World of Camping, 1 Treleigh Park, Treleigh Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall. TR16 4AX (we will confirm receipt within 5 working days)
or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org (we will confirm receipt within 48 working hours)
Verbal Complaints can be made to the office manager on 01209 203220. (If the office manager is not available, a responsible person will call you with a response within 48 working hours)
In the first instance we will openly listen or digest the complaint you have without judgement, we will then, if necessary undertake a prompt investigation, if your issue can not be resolved at this level your complaint will be escalated to one of the company directors.
We work hard to resolve all complaints with a fair open mind and without prejudice with in 10 working days.
If your complaint, after the above actions, is still not resolved, you can under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015, contact the European online dispute resolution platform service, please click here.
Doing Our Bit For Recycling
At World of Camping we do our best to recycle where possible. As a result ,when packaging orders, we will use cardboard boxes from stock delivered to our warehouse. Please don't be alarmed if you receive items in boxes that do not match the items ordered.
We are very sensitive to our customers privacy and adhere to guidelines set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not pass email information to a third party. We will only supply your telephone number to a known and trusted supplier with your prior agreement, only for cases where this was needed, like to assist couriers in the delivery of your order or for input of a more technical nature than you could provide.
Any emails sent containing special offers or information will always include a link, to give you the option, to remove/unsubscribe yourself from any future mailings.
At any point you can contact World of Camping on 10209 20 32 20 or email us at email@example.com to request that you are not contacted by email or telephone in the future.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The email address for all competitions is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for all competitions is three weeks following the date the competition was launched on a Newsletter.
- The general principle is fairness: entries or votes should be made or cast fairly. If, in the opinion of the Judges this principle has been flouted, they can declare any entries or votes invalid, void the competition, change the competition instructions, or adjust the entries or the voting to achieve fairness, as they think fit.
- The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengable and in their absolute discretion they may declare void any entry/ vote or the competition itself should they consider that there are no entries reaching a required standard, whereupon they can award prizes or not as they think fit.
- All competitions are open to all ages unless an age restriction may be specified or implied. Employees and ex-employees of World of Camping (here after W.O.C), World of Marine (here after W.O.M), regular contributors and contractors, the promoters and individuals connected with any company involved in the competition, agents and members of the family or friends of the above people will not be eligible to participate.
- If there is a closing time, then entries must be made in accordance with the competition instructions. They are invalid if they are received any later then the specified closing time (which shall be London date and time).
- In the case of the prize being a token or voucher, these can not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner will be chosen in accordance with the competition instructions and the exercise of their residual discretion by the Judges, and either will be the first correct entry drawn from the total entries or all entries will be examined and the prize awarded to the entry that the Judges consider to be the best.
- W.O.C reserve the right to make public the names of the winners and runners-up. All winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by W.O.C and W.O.M or a promoter in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the prize or otherwise.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
- W.O.C will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. IPL and IDNM excludes liability to the extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize. In the event of any error, whether printing, technological or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the Judges reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred.
- If any winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason, or if W.O.C and W.O.M has not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the winner, we reserve the right to award that prize (without notice to the first winner chosen) to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. W.O.C and W.O.M shall not have any liability in such eventuality.
- Where necessary in order to determine an outright winner or winners in a competition, the Judges reserve the right to require that entrants take part in an eliminating contest (or 'tie breaker'). If for any reason there are more winners than prizes, whether or not that has arisen as an unforeseen eventuality or is part of the competition structure, the Judges reserve the right to conduct a draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment.
The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
World of Camping is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers a take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us, though there will be a courier collection charge for this service. For example, if a customer bought a new adaptor from us, we would accept their old adaptor back to prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.