World of Outdoors Ltd (T/A World of Camping) is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 8426140. Our registered office address is Unit 17, Park Farm Business Centre, Fornham St Genevieve, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6TS.
This page is designed to provide you with information about how we use the information that you provide to us during any communication (for example telephone) and via the website or mobile app.
Privacy and Security
At World of Camping, everything we do revolves around our devotion to happiness and amazing customer service, and our site is designed to make your experience as easy and personal as possible.
To achieve this we may need some personal information from you, but it’s important you feel confident and secure. This privacy summary explains when we might ask you for information, how we’ll use it, and all of the security measures we have in place.
Your privacy is important to us which is why we’ve ensured every part of our site uses secure connections. Look for the green padlock in the address bar and the letters ‘https’, as these should always be present when browsing our site.
We only take orders through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. There’s no way you can order through an unsecured connection.
To keep you safe, we gain accreditation from the Payment Card Industry (PCI) every year. This third-party certification certifies that we take appropriate precautions to make sure your details are kept safe. This covers everything from ensuring our teams are well trained the security risks and vulnerabilities today, to implementing security compliant IT solutions. More information regarding this security standard can be found here; https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/
For extra security, you’ll see our checkout uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard and American Express, which safeguards you from unauthorised use of your cards.
Your Information and Why We Process It
Here at World of Camping, we only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few different reasons why we retain your personal details.
1. To process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its delivery
2. To maintain any registered accounts you have with us
3. To make our website and our app accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs including serving you with any pop-up messages and voucher codes
4. If you have purchased a product from us we may contact you from time to time, by SMS, e-mail or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in
5. To get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research
6. We also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity
7. For research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes
8. For crime or fraud prevention purposes
When We'll Contact You
We may contact you shortly after your purchase to discuss your delivery and make sure that it all goes smoothly for you. We may also offer you other services which relate to the products that you have purchased.
We like to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions, but you can opt out of receiving an email from us at any time. To do this, click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our emails, or contact our offices. It may take a couple of days for all of our systems to update, so bear with us whilst we process your request. Please note, if you submit information but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use the details you've submitted to contact you to complete your order.
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by email or live chat to ask a question about your order or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help. Your telephone calls to World of Camping may also be recorded for training and regulatory purposes.
Information We'll Share
We share your information in very limited circumstances set out below:
1. Where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request)
2. When we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example, a delivery service or IT service provider. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf. They cannot use your data for any other purpose
3. We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation
4. We use third-party payment service providers which are integrated into our website. When you pay using one of these methods i.e. Paypal, you are redirected to the providers portal. Your use of these services is subject to the terms and conditions of the payment providers
Cookies are small text files used to transfer information. Site functionality cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features. When you return to the site we’ll be able to remember the products you’ve compared or added to your basket.
Cookies also enable us to show adverts relevant to you when you’re browsing online, for example, deals or products you’ve looked at.
Analytics cookies help us to learn where we’re going wrong, and which elements of the site you find easier to use. We’ll track the volume of people on our site, where they click, and where they exit the site.
Creating an Account With World of Camping
Creating an account with World of Camping gives you the ability to check out more quickly by allowing us to remember your delivery address and payment information, so you don’t have to re-enter those details every time. You can save your address and payment options, along with your contact telephone numbers.
We do our part in protecting your account by strongly hashing your password using modern cyphers and cryptographic patterns. Our staff have no way of accessing your password.
It’s important that you also take responsibility for protecting your account information. Make sure your password is suitably complex, don’t share it with others, and try not to use the same one for lots of online accounts. Never send your password by email – we’ll never ask you to do so. We won’t ask you for your password information over the phone, but we can advise you on how to reset it.
It’s a good idea to reset online passwords occasionally. If you think anyone has accessed your account information without your approval, contact us to let us know.