The Citadel XL is an easy and simple tent to pitch, offering high strength, and durability, for up to 6 people. From the same design stable as the classic Quasar mountain tent it is set to be the last family tent standing when everyone else has gone home due to bad weather.
Poles: High quality specially treated (22mm for 3,4,5 or 25mm for 6 and XL) steel poles offer superior performance in poor weather conditions. Reinforced corner sections, for maximum wind resistence. Colour coded for fast pitching. 2 porch extension poles included.
Multiple ventilation: High level fixed ventilators to the front and rear for continual high level ventilarion. Adjustable low level side ventilation, for warmer conditions. Full mosquito net flysheet doors on front and side, for maximum ventilation in the warmest conditions. All ventilators are equipped with outer vent covers to allow you to 'batten down the hatches' when it gets cooler or a storm rolls in. Inner tent ventilation includes fixed vents to the back, and full mesh doors at the front.
Guy points: Main guy points reinforced directly to the tent structure with high strength Hypalon, a material used in expedition river rafts. This gives maximum strength. Vent guy points are also reinforced and double stitched. Red reflective guy line, so its easy to see in low light conditions. (2011 models only) 4 key 'Jumbo' peg points reinforced with Hypalon reinforced fabric and Kevlar stitching for increased strength and durability. Also 4 Jumbo red pegs which offer a really secure anchor to again help increase pitching performance.
Doors: Large front entry with option to turn into canopy for sun or wet weather protection using the extra poles supplied. Side entry door can be used for extra ventilation or as a wet weather entrance, with or without the extra poles supplied. All doors have full mesh screen for extra ventilation whilst keeping the bugs at bay. Storm protection on all exterior zips to keep out the weather.
- Steel Jumbo poles with double thickness corner sections
- Jumbo Corners - kevlar-stitched webbing reinforcement
- Cavernous living area
- Lots of ventilation and side ‘wet weather door’
- Guyline points re-inforced with durable Hypalon
- Easy to pitch
- Season Rating Spec: 3 season campsite
- Free standing?: No (tent requires guy lines to be pitched)
- Pitch Time (estimate): 2 People x 30 mins
- Number of Porches: 1
- Number of Doors: 2
- Multiple ventilation options for comfort in all weather conditions
- Hypalon reinforced main guy points for a stable pitch
- Fully sewn in groundsheet to keep out the drafts and bugs
- Internal gutter, to confine low level condensation build up
- Reinforced groundsheet peg points, for maximum strength
- Fully seam sealed main groundsheet, to eliminate water penetration
- Super clear windows, for the best views
- Integral dark coloured curtains, for each window, for maximum privacy
- Sealed vent cover strips
- Sealed zip tops
- Full zip flaps
- Full 'door frames' to prevent drips through to the groundsheet
- Cable entry points
- Inner and porch hang points
- Fully adjustable pole end attachment points, for easy pitching
|Cable Entry Point||Yes|
|Flysheet Fabric||Fully taped high quality polyester PU with fire retardant and a DWR finish|
|Groundsheet Sewn In||Fully sewn in high quality PE, 180g per square meter for durability, 4000mm|
|Inner Tent Fabric||Polyester with fire retardant and DWR highly breathable|
|Pack Size||Tent: 93cm x 41cm x 38cm. Poles: 100cm x 44cm x 17cm.|
|Pitching Way||All in one|
|Poles||25mm Steel Jumbo Poles|